About RFSU AB
RFSU AB’s products are sold online and in grocery stores, pharmacies, health and beauty stores and gas stations. The majority of sales are outside Sweden. We have production of condoms in Hälsingland where we also have our central warehouse and we have offices in Stockholm, Helsinki and Oslo.
Our largest sales categories are condoms, home tests, intimate health products, menopause products and also lip balm under the Carmex brand.
A BUSINESS THAT FINANCES NON-PROFIT WORK
RFSU AB is a commercial entity where the surplus goes back to our owners, the Swedish Association for Sexuality Education (RFSU) which carry out long-term advocacy for human and sexual rights nationally and internationally. Through knowledge and influence, RFSU contributes to a world where all people are free to decide on and enjoy their body and sexuality.
Our owners and us are politically, union and religiously independent.
WHAT WE DO – IN BRIEF
- Our journey started in 1933 and we have always been owned by the Swedish Association for Sexuality Education (RFSU).
- We have a turnover of approximately 270 million SEK and have appr. 50 employees in Sweden, Norway, and Finland where we have subsidiaries in Oslo and Helsinki.
- We sell products within the categories; condoms, home tests, lubricants, lip balm, feminine care & meno pause and sex. Further, we are the market leader in the condom category in the Nordics through the brands RFSU and Tunto.
- We are the distributor for the American lip balm Carmex in the Nordics.
- We are certified with the quality management system ISO 13485, certified according to MDR for condoms and IVDD for self-tests, which means that our products are CE marked.
- We have a production site and a warehouse in Sweden, where we also have an accredited laboratory in which we ensure that all our condoms meet the requirements for the CE marking MDR (Medical Device Regulations).
RFSU AB is owned by Riksförbundet för sexuell upplysning (RFSU) which is a non-profit organization for sexual education and sexual politics, which has existed since 1933. Read more about RFSU’s work for sexual and human rights.