About RFSU AB
RFSU AB’s business concept is unique. Every product we sell goes towards strengthening people’s sexual rights all over the world. But let’s start at the beginning.
RFSU AB is a manufacturing and sales company with a production facility and warehouse in Hennan, Hälsingland. Our portfolio mainly consists of health and intimate care products, but also products to make sex safer and more enjoyable – everything from condoms and lubricants to pregnancy tests, urinary tract infection tests, intimate creams, sex toys, and Carmex-brand lip balm.
Our high-quality products can be found in grocery stores as well as pharmacies, gas stations and via e-commerce in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland. The majority of our sales come from outside Sweden, within the Nordics but also to other European countries, both as an EMV supplier and through our own brand, Sultan.
RFSU AB is a unique company as it is owned by the National Association for Sexual Education (RFSU) with profits from the company’s sales going to RFSU’s non-profit work.
Our resources are used to spread information on sex and cohabitation issues both nationally and internationally. So, every product sold by RFSU contributes to spreading information that improves peoples’ lives.
We have a long history of profitability and are constantly looking for new categories to broaden our portfolio. We are currently in the middle of an ongoing journey of change towards increased digitization and product development, with the aim of giving people the opportunity to live healthier and more joyful lives.
Since Elie Ottesen-Jensen founded the association in 1933, our driving force has been to create conditions that improve people’s general well-being and quality of life, regardless of orientation or gender. This vision of equality and freedom for all individuals lives on through RFSU AB’s daily work, and makes us a company like no other.
Fighting for body rights since 1933.
What we do in brief
- We have always been wholly owned by the National Association for Sexual Education (RFSU), which was founded in 1933.
- We have a turnover of approximately SEK240million/year and employ around 45 people.
- We are the market leader in condoms in the Nordics through our own brands such as Profil, Thin, True Feeling, Sultan, Grande, Magic and Näkken.
- Our range also includes product categories such as lubricants (Klick and Sense Me), pregnancy and ovulation tests, body care and intimate care products, and sex toys.
- We have one subsidiary in Norway and one in Finland. We also sell in selected markets in the rest of Europe.
- We have our own factory in Hälsingland where we test and pack condoms. There we also run an accredited laboratory which ensures that RFSU branded condoms are of the highest quality.
Who are our owners? The National Association for Sexual information.
- RFSU is a non-profit organization for sexual information and sexual policy. RFSU works locally, nationally and internationally.
- Operations are led by a board of directors. The highest decision-making body is the congress, which is held every two years. The National Association is a membership organization with approximately 20 local associations around Sweden.
- The organization is independent, in terms of politics, unions and religion and aims to spread a knowledge-based and open view on cohabitation and sexual issues.
- RFSU is based on the conviction of the central role of sexuality and cohabitation for the individual and society. Fundamentally, there is a freedom perspective as well as a rights perspective on sexuality based on everyone being free to live, choose and enjoy themselves.
- RFSU works with information, education and opinion-forming by arranging courses and conferences, and participating in debates.
- RFSU also operates the RFSU clinic at Medborgarplatsen (7th floor) in Stockholm.
- The association’s head office is at Medborgarplatsen, where educators, experts, lawyers and communicators work with RFSU issues.